The Phone Is The Portal To The World
- We spend most of our free screen time on our phone
- Social networks take up the bulk of user time on phones
- The revolution won’t be televised, but it will be streaming
If you haven’t earned a distinct spot on someone’s phone, you don’t exist to them, or in the best-case scenario, you’re not important to them. The competition to get people’s attention takes place primarily on the phone. Our goal is to create a mobile experience that allows people to participate in an impactful political community while doing what we all do so well, staring at our phones.
$peak meets people where they’re at, you know, on their phones
Political Power Is Defined By Money, Process, And Infrastructure
- Money – an audience and a viable value proposition
- Process – a methodology to acquire and use resources to fulfill the value proposition
- Infrastructure – what is built to support the process
Our milestones are elections and legislative sessions so our success is defined by winning elections and exerting political power on a policy. The only way we can do that is to build a community that builds parallel power structures and raise money, participate in an effective process, and help build the infrastructure needed to support the whole thing.
$peak creates literal and lateral power
The Power of Incentives
- Autonomy – the desire to control your own life
- Mastery – the yearning to get better at something that matters
- Purpose – the aspiration to exert autonomy and ply mastery in service of something greater than yourself
Why did Wikipedia become the world’s preeminent digital encyclopedia? Why was it two bicycle nerds in Ohio who figured out how to fly before anyone else? Because they had the intrinsic motivation of seeking autonomy, mastery, and purpose. We believe incentives help shape our lives, which is why we offer the same incentives to everyone involved: We need your help in raising money, participating in a process, and building infrastructure and in return, we offer you the autonomy to do so, the ability to master it and the purpose of being the political change you wish to see in the world.